You may be able to claim this amount if at any time in the year you met all of the following conditions at once:
• You did not have a spouse or common-law partner or, if you did, you were not living with, supporting, or being supported by that person.
• You supported a dependant in 2015.
• You lived with the dependant (in most cases in Canada) in a home you maintained. You cannot claim this amount for a person who was only visiting you.
In addition, at the time you met the above conditions, the dependant must also have been either:
• your parent or grandparent by blood, marriage, common-law partnership, or adoption; or
• your child, grandchild, brother, or sister, by blood, marriage, common-law partnership, or adoption and under 18 years of age or had an impairment in physical or mental functions.
For any other information please fill the following form and our experts will contact you soon.